Wednesday 21 March 2012

Ethics task 5b


Ethics

Code of Professional Conduct and Practice for Teachers of Dance as endorsed by the ISTD
The ISTD main headings are
Fundamental Principles
Integrity
Objectivity
Competency
Due skill and diligence
Courtesy and consideration
Confidentiality
Publicity
Teaching names
Statutory Requirements
Health and safety
Data Protection
Appendix A – the eight principles of the Data Protection Act 1998
I have discovered that I have complied with the above apart from neglecting to add the section ‘Statutory Requirements’.  Fundamentally it is about running a business and registering it and complying with the business laws of tax, insurances, licenses etc.  My business is registered appropriately.
The ‘Data Protection’ section is included in my website as I do keep my clients contact details and it clearly states this is for my own personal information.  All other details such as ‘photos’ as added with the clients consent including some photograph of children.
As I don’t have a School of Dance and therefore do not keep very personal client details,  ‘Appendix A’ is not included on my website.
When I was contracted to work Education each school had it own ‘Ethos’ plus code of conduct for the teaching staff.  This involves much more detail and it includes codes of conduct for staff and children which the staff have to uphold.
In corporate business the codes of conduct expand even further to include the non human element, law, finance, defence industry etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment