Friday 30 September 2011

Intense Week - Learning

Wow! It has been intense what with this course and am in my third week of getting to into a routine of teaching dance to 30 children per class and 5 classes per day, two days per week. I established  'Moves and Grooves'(M & G) rather than 'Dance' classes, particularly for some boys.... Behaviour Policy and getting to grips with that, also taking two other classes 'Games' (never taught games) and 'Humanities' the latter of which is class based and topic subject.. Those two subjects were not expected by me, but I rise to the challenge and am enjoying it and learning.  The travelling is painful, one and half hours there and back around from M3, M25.  I had to let my social life go for a few weeks, as these new important elements are going to be in my life for a while.  I did, however, drive another hour and a half after school from where I live in Hampshire to Wiltshire for a rehearsal for a Gypsy/Flamenco belly dance fusion piece to be performed tonight in a trio.. I was so happy to do that and get back to some degree of normality. I am exhausted, but it was my choice to do...Hopefully after the show I will drive to Devon for a weekend break with my family.  I will use this time to do some 'Reader' reading.  Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment