Wednesday 4 April 2012

Literature review before survey and no SIG!!

Please see my last blog as it has a survey that I would like help with.


I'm writing up my reviews before my surveys as I had watched the video of 'Pina' and am finalising my 2nd Literature review on a book I've read recently..  It seemed to make sense to write these reviews while fresh in my mind for analysing.


Although some of my surveys are complete, I need to analyse my data and write up..


I've found my line of inquiry question keeps changing slightly... I am also almost always thinking of where I would like to be after this course ends.. What subject or dance style will I be teaching?  At the moment I'm learning so much about myself. I want to keep learning... I'm still thrashing through the woods at the moment and am grateful for the framework of the modules to keep me focused.  Although I feel I have strayed off my course somewhat.... 


I've been reading some of your blogs and some have mentioned changes to your original line of inquiry, which is a good thing that naturally evolves...


I haven't set up a SIG group for the reason that I've linked with numerous dance forums.  I found three groups in LinkedIn that I've joined plus face book and networking with colleagues seems to be sufficient for me.


Does any one else feel out of sorts at the moment ?





2 comments:

  1. Corinda....I´ve not really been able to find a SIG...Paula just suggested you to me....what do you think??
    I want to research social aspects of dance...obviously in Germany, as I live here, but a lot has been happening here lately concerning dance, so actually not a bad idea....I´m also brushing up on ballet-history and looking for traces of social issues in ballet in the past....
    Hope you are doing well otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fione
    I think it's a great idea.. I was emailing Paula yesterday and she suggested you to me. We could compare and report on the social aspects of dance in both countries. My social dance scene currently is in Salsa and Middle Eastern Dance. I do, on the very odd occasion, go to clubs. My inquiry question is based on the negative effects of dance fusion on historical/cultural/original dance. I'm looking at focusing on Middle Eastern dance in England.

    How shall we set up the SIG group? Would it de easier to set up a page on Face Book? Can you suggest any other social forum?
    All OK here, how are things with you?....

    ReplyDelete