Sunday 27 January 2013

Final - my oral presentation for my BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Dance


Hello fellow BAPP learners,

We've come to the end of our BAPP course.

I found this course invaluable.  The tasks in the modules have developed critical awareness in my professional network, ability to reflect, analyse and change my work and practices and more importantly I have the academic ability to communicate my ideas to a range of audiences.  I found the course to be flexible and I was able to fit it around my family and professional practice as a freelance dance teacher.

My oral presentation was a summary of my findings of my critical review.   The BAPP course allowed me to research my subject and I acquired historical and cultural knowledge of salsa dance.   This made me aware of my passion for cultural studies in dance.  In addition, I realised the importance of media tools and developed a particular interest in filming and editing.  My artefact was a documentary style film of salsa dance.  I intend to continue and develop this type of filming.

I would encourage fellow BAPP learners about to start module three to persist in their progression and to keep lines of communication constant with their advisers for constructive and exemplary information and support as I have experienced.

Congratulations to my fellow BAPP learners in completing their degree and in their onward journey and thank you for your support during this course.

Looking forward to seeing you at the graduation.

See below my slide presentation.  I intend to add my artefact documentary digital film on salsa dance once permission has been granted by the teachers.

Corinda

Fusion - the modernisation of traditional salsa dance.

Is fusion in salsa effecting the conservation of traditional dance?














4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Corinda!

    I imagine that you can now give a huge sigh of relief that the course is now complete!

    How interesting that one of the aspects you have found a passion for is that of the digital filming and editing which was only introduced to you when you were nearing the end of your course. That makes me appreciate again that each new learning is the beginning of a new chapter of discovery.

    It sounds as though you have been on a creative, professional and personal journey which has been invaluable.

    Thank you for your advice regarding our approach to module three. I do hope that I can maintain the commitment and passion for my inquiry as you have with yours.

    I wish you the very best of luck Corinda & I look forward to chatting / meeting up soon.
    Best Wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jo
      I am relieved in a way that the course is complete but now almost a month on I feel my life is a little empty because I had focus and intense concentration on a subject I love so much. But, if anything more than ever now I wish to explore and research subjects further.

      The BAPP course has been an invaluable learning course for my personal, academic and creative development. It was something I'd been searching for for quite some time. Prior to doing this course I felt tired and out dated and I wanted to reinvent myself and change my life style. There has been definite changes my thought patterns and see things very differently and my approach to dealing with things has definitely improved for me.

      Of course we will keep in touch and I wish you success in our final module and going forward. I thank you for your support it does mean a great deal to me.

      Speak soon
      warmest wishes.
      Corinda

      Delete
  2. Dear Corinda,

    It was a great suport having all your comments and ideas throughut the course, I hope my comments also encouraged you along the way. I'm sorry I didn't have chance to meet you in person, but thank you for being a really active member of the group, and for all your ongoing interest. I hope your oral was a success last week, which I'm sure it was- the above summary looks great. Good luck for the Results, and hopefully see you at Graduation!
    Much love,
    Alicia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. social media marketing agency

    ReplyDelete